Monday, December 2, 2013

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie


I am usually a peaceful person, but often times I get angry over little things.  It did not occur to me until a month ago that I noticed what arose my anger is whenever someone does something stupid or inconsiderate. I grew up in the Silicon Valley, I have been surrounded by middle class,  outstanding, and overachiever peers; the Bay Area is one of the hubs of intelligent people. I have been constantly comparing myself with others in and above my leagues. I never immerse myself with those below my leagues because, simply, I want to improve myself in all aspects. “You cannot dislike those who are stupid,” commented by my Fiance GRE, when I cried in bed after witnessing how stupid and inconsiderate my friend’s new girl friend was. I do not want to name-name and talk about the incident, because I want to keep it confidential. The following night, I started reading Dale Carnegie’s book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, and a quote strike and cleared my mind. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. But it take character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving, " DC. I was a fool for judging another fool; I was not any smarter or better than she was. We all make mistakes in our lives for the better or for the worse. But today I made the decision to forgive her and move on.
P.S.  Who have you criticized, condemned, and complained and would like to forgive today?

No comments:

Post a Comment